The House of Prince
The House of Prince holds as its highest priority the protection of your personal data. We make every effort to carefully store and process the information you share with us.
The House of Prince protects your personal data through technical data security measures, internal management procedures, and physical data protection measures. We continually strive to improve our systems and procedures so that they stand out above all others.
Thank for your continued interest and support.
“Personal data” means any information that is collected or recorded in a way that may allow direct (e.g. surname) or indirect (e.g. phone number) identification of a natural person.
This “Customer Personal Data Protection Charter” is a part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you explicitly accept the provisions of this Charter.
For what purposes do we collect data?
We collect and use personal data to manage your relation with the House of Prince and to offer our Services to you. Certain personal data is collected to provide you with personalised and improved services.
We collect personal data with the following purposes:
a) To manage reservations and other hospitality services
- Create and store legal documents in accordance with applicable law.
- Collect data to meet requests relating to your stay
b) To manage of your stay
- Manage the access to the villas
- Monitor the use of services
- Manage lists with customers’ personal data for operational purposes
c) To improve our services
- Tailor products and Services to better meet your requirements.
- Process your personal data using marketing programmes for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Provide you with useful information for offers or other promotional messages.
- Inform you about special offers and new Services.
- Provide customized content and recommendations based on your previous activities.
d) To manage our relations with you before, during, and after your stay
- Manage loyalty programmes.
- Manage customer databases.
- Create statistical data and reports.
- Gain knowledge and manage the preferences of new and recurring customers.
- Send newsletters, promotion products and offers, or to contact you by telephone.
- Manage requests for deletion from update lists.
- Create and manage questionnaires and statistics.
- Organise lotteries, contests and offers.
e) To improve our services
- Conduct market research/analysis of questionnaires and customer comments.
- Manage customers’ claims and complaints.
- Offer loyalty programme privileges
f) To improve system security
- Record data to ensure security and to prevent fraud.
g) To comply with Greek and European law
h) To ensure safe use of services provided by our spas and fitness facilities
i) To conduct market research/analysis of questionnaires and customer comments.
j) To conduct focused marketing campaigns, direct marketing and sales promotion activities.
k) Digital Key Functionality – We use background location services and collect location data even when the app is closed or not in use for the digital key functionality on the app.
What personal data do we collect?
Information provided directly by you
- Several of our Services allow users to create accounts or user profiles. Along with these Services, we may ask you to provide personal details to set up your account or profile. For example, during the creation of a Guestportal or Privilege account, you can submit details such as your name and email address.
- When ordering a paid product or service from us, we may ask for certain additional details to process your order, such as your name, room details, and billing data.
- When participating in an online or offline contest or promotional action, we may ask you for your name, contact details, email address, age and gender, personal and occupational interests, other personal characteristics, and your opinion of our products and/or services.
- Some of our Services allow you to communicate with other people. This communication will be stored on our systems.
We are obliged to request the following details about you and/or your family members:
- Contact details (e.g. surname, given name, father’s name, passport number, ID-card details, telephone, home address, email)
- Personal data (e.g. date of birth, nationality, place of birth)
- Billing details (e.g. credit card number, VAT number)
- Loyalty programme member number
- Date of arrival and departure, flight number, and room number
- Preferences and interests (e.g. non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bed, sports, cultural interests)
- Data about your health, such as medicine reports and certifications, medical test results, data on pathological diseases, etc.
- Questions and comments submitted during or after your stay at the House of Prince
The data we collect on persons under the age of 16 are restricted to given name, surname, nationality, passport/identity number and date of birth. This data can only be provided by an adult or guardian. We thank you for your efforts to ensure that children do not send us personal data without your consent, especially through the internet. Should any information of this type be sent to us, you can communicate with the Data Privacy department (see section “Questions and contact”) to arrange for the deletion of such information.
Moreover, information such as your passport number, recreational activities, hobbies, health issues, or whether you are a smoker or not can be described as sensitive. We retain such information only if we are obliged to do so by applicable law or if you have explicitly given us your consent (e.g. to provide you with an appropriate Service, such as a special diet).
Information on your use of our Services
Apart from the information you provide directly, we may collect information on your use of our Services through the software of your device or by other means. For example, we may collect:
- Device information, such as hardware model, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), and other unique device identity data, MAC address, IP address, operating system issue, and setting of the appliance you use to access our Services.
- Connection information, such as the time and duration of use of the Service, search commands entered in the Services, as well as information that may be stored in cookies we have placed on your device.
- Location information, such as GPS signal of your appliance or information on WiFi access points that may be transmitted to us when you use our Services (e.g. WiFi, Guestportal, mobile apps).
- Audiovisual information, such as voice recordings (which may be stored on our servers) when you use voice commands to use a Service or audiovisual information collected through closed circuit television (CCTV) for security reasons.
- Other information that relates to your use of our Services, such as the applications that you use, the websites that you visit, and the way in which you interact with content offered through a Service.
Information from third parties
We may receive information about you from available public and commercial sources. This, we may combine with other information that we receive directly from you or in relation to you. We may also receive information about you from third party social networking services when you choose to connect to such services.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of services in manners described at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
You may choose not to provide certain types of information, but this may limit your access to certain Services.
When do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data in various cases, such as:
a) Villas activities
- Check-in and payment
- Reservation of seat and/or use of villas services, such as barbeque, spa, and recreational services
- Various requests, complaints, and/or disputes
b) Participation in marketing programmes or events
- Registration in loyalty programmes (e.g. Privilege)
- Participation in online and offline surveys (for example, customer satisfaction survey)
- Participation in contests and games
- Subscription to mailing lists in order to receive offers and other promotions by email
c) Transmission of information from third parties
- Tourist agencies, tourist offices, GDS reservation systems, online reservation systems (e.g. booking.com, expedia.com, etc.), and other reservation systems
d) Actions through electronic devices
- Login on our websites
- Connection to our WiFi network of our hotels
- Completion of online forms (e.g. reservation forms, precheck-in forms, satisfaction survey forms, etc.)
e) Digital Key Functionality
Third party access terms to your personal data
The House of Prince do not disclose your information to third parties for their own business or marketing purposes without prior your consent.
However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Business associates. We may also share your information with trusted business partners. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you have requested, make provisions relating to your interests, and offer you promotions, advertisements, and other material.
- Service providers and/or any third parties that may process information on our behalf. We may also share your information with companies that provide services on our account or behalf, such as IT contractors, bulk mailers, banks, credit card institutions, law firms, mail service companies, printing services companies, etc.
Credit approval: Upon submission of a credit approval claim, personal data are utilized and disclosed to designated third parties according to applicable legislation in order to decide on the credit approval and its subsequent level.
- Other third parties, if so required by law or in order to protect our Services. Situations may arise in which we share your information with other third parties:
- To comply with the law or mandatory legal procedure (such as search warrants or other court orders)
- To confirm or implement our compliance with the policies governing our Services
- To protect the rights, ownership or security of GRECOTEL SA or any of our affiliates, business partners, or customers
- Other third parties in relation to corporate transactions. We may share your information with third parties within the context of a merger or transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy.
To provide you the best possible service, we allow access to your personal data or to certain categories to competent, authorised members of our personnel. This includes:
- Hotel staff
- Reservations departments
- IT department
- Marketing/Guest Relations department
- Legal Services department, if and when required
- Medical Services, if and when required
Protection of personal data during international transfers
For the purposes set out in Article 3 of this Charter, we may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may be located in countries that offer different levels of protection for personal data.
Please note that data protection and other laws in the countries to which your information may be transferred may not be as protective as those in your country. To protect your privacy, the transfer will take place according to the legislation governing the processing of personal data.
The House of Prince takes all reasonable measures to safeguard the transfer of personal data to an external recipient in a country that offers a different level of privacy than the country where the personal data is collected.
What we do to keep your information safe?
We have taken organisational and technical measures to protect the information that we collect in relation to our Services, especially sensitive personal data. Our IT department implements international standards and practices to ensure the safety of networks and the encryption of data.
However, please bear in mind that despite the reasonable measures that we take to protect your information, no website, internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is ever completely safe.
Access and correction of your data – right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
In addition to existing lawful user rights, according to the legislation in certain jurisdictions, you may also be entitled to request details on the information that we collect and to correct any inaccuracies that may be contained in such information. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee for the provision of this possibility. We may refuse to handle requests that are repeated to an unreasonable degree, require disproportional technical effort, jeopardize the privacy protection of others, are extremely impractical, or involve access that is not otherwise required by domestic law. If you wish to submit a request for access to your data, please contact the Data Privacy department.
Υου have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data from the controller.